Saturday, July 15, 2006

UW picks up QB commit



As I've said before, I'm no recruiting junkie. Even if I was, though, there's not much chance I would've known a lot about the newest Badger: Macomb, Michigan's James Stallons. According to offensive coordinator Paul Chryst, Stallon's the next Jim Sorgi. What I take that to mean is that he's got limited mobility but is the epitome of the term "pocket passer" -- he's confident and accurate and an above-average deep-ball thrower. Fine by me. That definitely works. Hopefully the next commit will be the Evans to Stallon's Sorgi. Plus, he's smart. How do we know? The key quote comes from the Milwuakee Journal-Sentinel article:

Stallons committed to UW without bothering to wait for a possible offer from nearby Michigan State

Good man, Jimmy.

In other news: we get a brief couple of paragraphs on incoming super-WR Lance Kendricks from the State Journal, two post-mortems on the Pavelski defection, and for the people who like a little variety in their sporting interests, a feature article on the Wisconsin Wolves, Madison's new women's professional football team.

No comments: