- Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! The Journal-Sentinel, in all its wisdom, has gone ahead and decided to combine Dave Heller's old blog with one co-authored by Mark Stewart and Jeff Potrykus! What does that give us? The Badger Blog at JSonline! After one day in existence, it is already the preeminent Badger blog on the web. Read it!
- On the other end of the blogging spectrum, Andy Baggot becomes the latest in a long line of victims who fell for a joke paper's conception of a new code of conduct for Alabama football games. The Piedmont Gazette has also published articles about Auburn players shooting steroids and beating up fellow students, only to have Tommy Tuberville endorse this behavior as "defending their house." Don't worry, Andy, a LOT of people fell for this one, which is precisely what makes it so great. But I do have a lot of other hot leads if you want to follow up on any of them ...
- Georgia Tech blogger Ramblin' Racket has published a gameday guide for young alumni (warning, R-rated language and insinuations), which answers the salient question: "Is it creepy if I try for college girls?"
I am here to tell you, young lad, the answer is emphatically NO.
What he fails to mention is that he's probably talking about Georgia Tech girls here, in which case ... why bother?
Seriously, though, Ramblin' Racket is a good read, and you ought to check it out frequently. (Note that I endorse this blog despite the nonsense that Jeff wrote about the Big Ten's "bogus" traditional ties with the Rose Bowl. Because 60 years is clearly too short to be considered tradition, especially in a sport that's been around for 125 years ...)
- There'll be another installment of the Blogpoll out on Wednesday, the second of the preseason. Early props go to T. Kyle King for moving the Badgers up to #7 from #10 on his ballot.
- Badger previews! Good ones are up: a shorter, very worthwhile one at Black Shoe Diaries (awkward Bataan Death March reference included!) and a behemoth, well-researched, humorous one over at Mgoblog. With any luck I'll have an offense preview up tomorrow and one for the defense on Wednesday, but -- sadly -- no promises.