Before I begin to get into football gear in earnest, I'd like to call your attention to a few other places around the internets that might be of some use to you. (For those who are already looking for Badger football stuff, here's a little something: John Clay! Allan Evridge! Tyler Donovan! Bret Bielema! Waaaugh!!)
We'll begin with the creme de la creme, which obviously means the Badger blogs:
* Wisconsin Badger Sports Fan has a fantastic name and has been live since February. Look for all things UW from this site.
* Online since May, Midseason Forum covers much more than just Badger sports. Check out his recent work regarding the impending NBA draft.
* Literally born yesterday(!), Bucky's Faithful is off to a strong start. Get over there and encourage Fest to stick with the blog project!
On to the others ...
* Death Cab for Woody is an Ohio State blog that's full of snark and is touchably soft.
* There are many reasons that you're going to want to look to Hawkeye State for your Big Ten previews this season, not the least of which will be because I once again have no idea what to make of the 2007 Hawkeyes.
* Anything Hoosier, which is possibly actually entitled "IU Sports," makes mention not only of basketball but also Indiana football. Come for the Hoosierdom, stay for the early preseason basketball picks that keep Wisconsin out of the top 5 in the Big Ten!
* Defend the Rock is also a Hoosier blog and has far less to do with Sean Connery than one would suppose.
And finally, there are the Gopher blogs. At this time last year, you couldn't find a single blog devoted to Gopher football, but lately they've been popping up all over. If any more show up, I'll be tempted to go out back with a rake and crack their tiny skulls open. One imagines that this has to do with the Dynamic Duo of Tim Brewster and Tubby Smith. These blogs are all high-quality, which makes me believe that more Wisconsin residents are taking advantage of that whole reciprocity deal than I previously thought.
* Paging Jim Shikenjanski sets the standard for the new Gopher uprising. With 57 posts under his belt since May 16, PJS is sallying forth at a torrid pace. Check this site every day.
* Down with Goldy is down with the Gophers, but not down with Goldy the Gopher. Got it?
* Gopher Gal writes Minnesota Golden Gophers with brevity and aplomb. Good tidbits to be found here.
* The posts at Gopher Nation are thorough and are generally long enough to be enjoyable reads. Plus, if you need a laugh, you can always scroll up to the blog's subtitle, which reads, "We're going to take the Gopher Nation to Pasadena!"